Thursday 10 October 2013

School Magazine Questionnaire: Results Analysis


In this post, I will be be analyzing some of the results from my questionnaire and discussing how they will help me in regards to creating my school magazine. Here is the first analysis:

Q1
The bar graph above, shows that over half of the total people questioned would be reluctant to pay for a magazine, indicating that it would be sensible to either make the magazine free, or sell it for a small fee. 

Q2
 Over 90% of the people, said they would prefer the magazine to have an informal theme to it (yes, I've noticed the typo in the question!). In response to this, I will be sure to construct my magazine in a way that reflects this response.

Q3
This chart shows me that the majority of people feel that fashion would be the topic they would find the most interesting, followed by career/educational events. I do feel the response to this question is biased as the majority of people I asked to complete my questionnaire were girls, so fashion having the highest percentage is reflective of this. However in my magazine, I  will be sure to include a lot of the top 3 topics.


Q4
Over 80% of people said they would prefer the magazine to be bright and colourful. Therefore when making my magazine I will make sure to use cool, bright colours as opposed to formal, dull colours such as grey and other darker colours.

Q5
This information tells me that just over half the people would want the magazine to be available monthly (again, I've noticed the typo!). 33% want it weekly, so perhaps to compromise, it could be available fortnightly. Only 14% chose termly, so I will definitely not bring the magazine out termly.


Q6
The majority feel that tutor would be the best place for them to get the magazine. Seeing as they attend tutor regularly, this would be the easiest place for their tutor to just hand it out, as opposed to visiting a magazine stand, which they would have to do in their own time, which may affect their willingness to purchase the magazine. Therefore, I will make the magazine available to purchase through tutor.

Q7
Over 85% wanted an average amount of pages in the magazine, therefore i would make sure to make the magazine isn't too long or too short.

Q8
 I found that more people would be willing to purchase the magazine if it included a free promotional gift. When producing the magazine, we would be sure to include a gift in order to entice people to purchase the magazine.



These results show that people would prefer more informal fonts as this would create a more interesting, casual magazine that is easy to read.


People did not have much to say in this last question, the majority of the answers were in regards to my spelling mistakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment