Thursday 23 January 2014

Writing Copy for DPS

For my DPS, I'll be doing an interview with both the artists:


1st Interview with Marzi



Interviewer: Hey Marzi, thanks for joining us today! We're really excited to have you with us!

Marzi: Thank you so much for having me, this is our first really big interview so I'm kinda nervous haha
Interviewer: Aww, don't be! So let's start, when did you first get into to music?
Marzi: Umm, I've always been really musical since I was little, so it just felt really natural to be honest
Interview: That's great, so did you always want to be in a group?
Marzi: Well starting CD was my first real go at music, I met Fats in year 7 and we both enjoyed singing and just started recording stuff I guess
Interviewer: And who are the artists that inspire you or any stuff you're loving at the moment?
Marzi: I think we're greatly inspired by the old school R&B like TLC, Destiny's Child and Aaliyah, but like at the moment, artists like Beyoncé and even strong women like Nicki (Minaj) who are really rocking the industry.
Interviewer: Nice, I know you guys have just started out, so in the future what artist do you hope to become as big as?
Marzi: Wow, that's such a good question! But like I said before, with our vibe and style, I like to think we could become a modern day Destiny's Child, but that's way in the future haha
Interviewer: I like your ambition hun! Okay so as great as your music is, I want to find out more about you
Marzi: Sure
Interviewer: So other than music, what else do you like to do in your spare time?
Marzi: Umm, I actually love reading, I read a lot, but sometimes it's hard to find a spare minute to grab my book but I try haha
Interviewer: Reading, yeah? Any genre in particular? 
Marzi: I tend to reach for the crime books, they're so interesting! haha
Interviewer: Okay, if you could choose to be in any other career what would it be?
Marzi: Hmm, probably a forensic scientist, it seems really cool haha
Interviewer: I'm beginning to think you're leading a double life, first crime books and now forensic science...
Marzi: (laughs) I know right I'll quit my day job shall I?
Interviewer: Oh no, don't! And last question for you, what's your full name?
Marzi: My full name is Maryam, but I've been called Marzi since I was younger and it just stuck I suppose. I think Marzi is sweet and fun, but Maryam has more of a sophisticated, mature tone to it, so whatever fits at the moment really (laughing)
Interviewer: Aww Marzi, time's up now! It's been so nice having you, I'm so excited to see what you guys have to offer and hopefully we might catch you on an episode of CSI in the near future eh?
Marzi: (laughs) Bye!



2nd Interview with Fatou


Interviewer: Thanks for being so patient Fatou 
Fatou: It's fine, I've just been admiring the studio it's so cool!
Interviewer: Yes it is quite isn't it? But we're here to talk about you Fats, not the room decor. 
Fatou: Oh yeah sorry!
Interviewer: So music wise, who or what inspires you?
Fatou: Everything.
Interviewer: Everything?
Fatou: Yup, like I draw inspiration from everything surrounding me. Music wise, I like variety, but I can't stray from my love of Afro-Beats, you know with Wiz Kid and D'banj throwing in some good tunes.
Interviewer: Ooh! Love me some good Afro-Beats. So I asked Marzi earlier if she'd always wanted to be in a group and she said "Nope, never" comments?
Fatou: Ouch! Haha, I hope she was joking
Interviewer: I just made that up, I was hoping for a catty reaction, but you're just too nice, such a shame. But seriously?
Fatou: Yeah being in a group is great, kinda like being with your best friend 24/7, doing something you love the most and both share, it's a great feeling.
Interviewer: So where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Fatou: (thinking) Ooh I don't know, hopefully selling out the O2 and Times Square? Nah, that's a big dream, realistically just having our music reach more people would really be something
Interview: You guys are so cute and modest! With that grounded mindset I'm sure you'll make it! 
Fatou: Aww thanks!
Interviewer: And when you're not working what other interests do you have?
Fatou: I'm really big on fashion, I love experimenting with different prints and incorporating different cultures into what I wear. 
Interviewer: Would you say yours and Marzi's styles are different?
Fatou: Yes, definitely, Marzi is more grungy and edgier with her style. But I think it's good because it would get boring if we had the exact same style.
Interviewer: What have your family and friends said about all of your success so far?
Fatou: Omg, they are really proud! My mum can't stop crying, whenever anything to do with us comes up on the TV she just starts screaming. 
Interviewer: Aww, I can imagine, and what about your friends back at home, what are they like?
Fatou: They get really excited too, I can't help thinking they're waiting for me to change, like blowup or something, but I'm still the same girl I was before anyone knew my name!
Interviewer: Do you have a plan B career, or something you would have done if you hadn't got into music?
Fatou: Umm, I did always want to be a doctor or any other job that was about helping people
Interviewer: So a beautiful voice, face and caring, perfect combo!
Fatou: Aww thankyou, you're making me blush!
Interviewer: And before you run off Fats, when does the debut album come out?
Fatou: March 4th, so make sure you grab it, it's amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment